The Innovative Next-Step in HIT Diagnostics
The next evolution in Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) diagnostics, Versiti’s P-Selectin Expression Assay - PEA, is now available for clinical order. When compared to the current ‘gold-standard’ SRA, the PEA is able to:
- detect more patients with HIT antibodies; and
- boasts a faster analytical time, resulting in an industry-leading TAT of <24 hours.
The Platelet and Neutrophil Immunology Laboratory has over 25 years of experience performing advanced testing for HIT and is pleased to be on the forefront of innovation with the PEA.
- Side-by-Side SRA and PEA Comparison
- Article: A Novel PF4-Dependent Platelet Activation Assay Identifies Patients Likely to Have Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia/Thrombosis
- Article: Rethinking the Gold Standard: Real-World Performance of the Serotonin Release Assay (SRA) and PF4-Dependent P-Selectin Expression Assay (PEA) in the Diagnosis of Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT)
Download Test Description
Read more information about the Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia-PEA testing.
Read about test information, sample requirements, shipping information, volume, turn-around time and other details.
Complete this requisition form and return with test sample.
Advantages of Versiti's PEA:
Versiti’s PEA has been developed to identify the presence of and functional ability of heparin-induced antibodies to activate platelets. Because of its high specificity, the PEA is useful for confirming weak or 'inconclusive' results obtained with the highly sensitive PF4/ELISA.
*Repeat sample runs will be performed on the next scheduled testing day, in the rare event of an assay failure.
Diagnostic Labs Test Menu
Diagnostic laboratory services including HLA testing, donor testing, immunohematology reference lab testing, hematology testing and more.