Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Typing
Versiti Diagnostic Laboratories’ state-of-the-art Histocompatibility Lab is designed to support solid organ and stem cell transplant programs through human leukocyte antigen (HLA) typing. Our transplant support team is built on forming strong relationships with our clinical partners and becoming part of the patient care team. Our combination of meticulous laboratory practices, skilled technical staff and expert directors offer personal clinical consultation to make the Histocompatibility Lab a leader in transplant support.
- HLA Class I and Class II typing to help identify the best available donor for a patient in need of a solid organ transplant
- Testing to detect and identify antibodies to HLA Class I and Class II antigens to help identify the best donor for a patient with pre-formed HLA antibodies
- Crossmatching to confirm donor and patient compatibility
- High-resolution typing by NGS for HLA Class I and Class II to help identify the best available donor for a patient in need of a stem cell transplant
- Unique related donor HLA haplotype screening by short tandem repeat (STR) assay
- Expert HLA antibody identification and monitoring for sensitized patients and haploidentical transplants
- KIR genotyping to aid in selection of the best donor for particular cases
- Post-transplant chimerism testing for engraftment and relapse monitoring
- HLA Loss of Heterozygosity (LOH) for post-transplant relapse characterization
- Erythroid chimerism test to monitor sickle cell disease transplant patients
- AML companion diagnostic testing offering high sensitivity and fast turnaround time
- Expert nurses available 24/7 to perform therapeutic apheresis procedures
- Leaders in stem cell collection support
The Versiti transplant portfolio includes:
- Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics testing services
- Infectious disease marker testing
- Post-transplant monitoring
- Tissue services
- Apheresis hematopoietic progenitor cell collections
- More than 3,500 transplant-ready, high cell-count cord blood units
- Organ procurement organization
Versiti Wisconsin’s HLA Laboratory provides comprehensive diagnostic testing, consultation, and educational services for stem cell and solid organ transplantation. Stem cell and solid organ transplant support each have dedicated operational components. Daily operations are overseen by ASHI accredited Technologists, Supervisors, and Directors with 24/7/365 on-call capabilities and in-person consultation with clinical leadership.
Currently, Versiti supports three solid organ programs and more than one dozen stem cell transplant programs nationally. In addition to HLA & histocompatibility testing, our comprehensive support includes oncology companion diagnostics, infectious disease marker testing, desensitization monitoring, KIR typing, LIMS interfacing, and logistical support including sample collection kits & courier services
Versiti Blood Center of Indiana’s ASHI-accredited HLA lab provides testing necessary to support patients who need specialty platelets due to refractoriness to platelet transfusions. Services include:
- HLA and solid phase red cell adherence (SPRCA) matched platelets
- HLA Class I antibody and antigen determinations
- TRALI screening for blood donors
- HLA/HPA patient matching
- Parathyroid tissue cryopreservation
HLA matched platelets can be sent anywhere in the U.S. for refractory and difficult-to-match patients, as needed.
Versiti Blood Center of Michigan’s specialized HLA lab offers tissue typing by DNA methods used in donor and patient transplant matching; evaluates disease associations; and finds HLA-matched platelet products for patients with special needs.
Order HLA/HPA Matched Platelets
Versiti offers specialty products and services, including HLA/HPA matched platelets.
Online Ordering Portal
Secure, immediate access to patient lab results and reports.
Forms and Requisitions
Access requisitions for Versiti Diagnostic Laboratories testing and services.
Accreditations & Licenses
Versiti and its affiliates hold numerous accreditations and licenses from the FDA, state health departments and more.
2226 - HLA Antibody Identification Class I High Resolution
Detect HLA Class I antibodies.
2300 - HLA High Resolution Panel by NGS
High Resolution typing for HLA-A, HLA-B, HLA-C, HLA-DRB1, HLA-DRB3,4,5, HLA-DQA1, HLA-DQB1, HLA-DPA1, and HLA-DPB1 loci by next generation DNA sequencing (NGS).
2377 - HLA-KIR Genotyping
DNA based typing to identify the presence of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIR) genes.
2380 - HLA Haplotype by STR
A rapid screening test for potential sibling donors for blood & marrow transplant patients. The test must be ordered for the patient and each potential donor.
2722 - HLA Loss of Heterozygosity Evaluation
This test is intended for patients with confirmed disease relapse post-hematopoietic cell transplant to evaluate the presence or absence of genomic loss of heterozygosity in the HLA region in malignant cell populations.
4220 - Engraftment Post-Transplant Evaluation - Blood
Contact laboratory if STAT testing is needed. Engraftment pre-transplant testing for informative locus is required for post-transplant and STAT testing to be possible.