Hemostasis Lab and Platelet & Neutrophil Immunology Lab
Versiti’s specialized focus in hematology includes research and diagnostic services for medical conditions such as anemia, including iron-deficiency anemia; platelet and white blood cell disorders; sickle cell disease; and bleeding and clotting disorders.
- von Willebrand disease (VWD)
- Hemophilia (factor VIII or factor IX deficiencies)
- Platelet function defects
- Rare factor deficiencies
- Protein C and S deficiencies
- Prothrombin gene mutation
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenia purpura (TTP)
- Elevated LP(a) (also known as lipoprotein(a))
- Factor V Leiden
- Antithrombin III gene mutation
For a complete list of diagnostic services, view the Hemostasis Testing Requisition.
Versiti Diagnostic Labs provides specialized testing for the evaluation of disorders involving abnormal numbers of blood cells, including immune and non-immune disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets.
Available evaluations include:
- (Auto) Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP)
- Drug-induced cytopenia (anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia)
- Anemia, including iron deficiency, other nutritional anemias and autoimmune hemolytic anemias
- Thrombocytosis (reactive and essential thrombocythemia)
- Polycythemia (suspected primary – PV, and secondary)
- Myeloproliferative disorders (myelofibrosis, polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia
- Hematology in pregnancy (gestational thrombocytopenia, ITP)
- Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS)
We also provide comprehensive functional and genetic testing in support of inherited and immune platelet and neutrophil disorders. Our targeted focus includes:
- Drug-induced thrombocytopenia, including HIT
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenia (ITP)
- Fetal and neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia (FNAIT)
- Allo- and autoimmune neutropenia
- Drug-induced neutropenia
- Neonatal alloimmune neutropenia
To view a complete list of diagnostic services, view the Platelet and Neutrophil Immunology Testing Requisition.
1800 - VWD Diagnostic Evaluation
Reflexive algorithm always includes: FVIII Activity, VWF Antigen, VWF GPIbM Activity, and VWF Collagen III Binding. Reflex testing may include: VWD Type 2B Binding, VWD Type 2N Binding, VWF Propeptide Antigen, and/or VWF Quantitative Multimer
5502 - Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia - PEA
This test is designed to detect heparin-dependent platelet antibodies in the serum from patients suspected of having Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT).
1280 - VWF Collagen IV Binding
This assay tests the capacity of platelet adhesion at sites of blood vessel injury and can identify qualitative binding issues.
1070 - VWF GPIbM Activity
This ristocetin-independent activity assay is an alternative to VWF Ristocetin Cofactor Activity with superior precision and sensitivity.
5703 - Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia (NAIT)-Initial Paternal
This order set includes: Platelet Antigen Genotyping Panel. To complete this workup, order Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia (NAIT)-Initial Screening Maternal with Paternal (test code 5603) for maternal sample.
5544 - Platelet Autoantibodies
This assay detects direct and indirect glycoprotein-specific antibodies in eluates prepared from washed patient platelets.