Versiti is proud to offer the Christine and Carl Peterson Volunteer Scholarship, which was established to honor the Petersons, who donated more than 20,000 volunteer service hours to Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin. Christine and Carl’s support at charity run/walks, Versiti Blood Research Institute’s Imagine Gala, countless blood drives and more will not soon be forgotten. They were true champions of our lifesaving mission.
Scholarship Entry Period
- We will be accepting applications for this scholarship in January, 2024.
- The winner of the annual scholarship will receive $4,000 to apply to secondary education of their choice.
- College-bound high school students planning to attend a 2- or 4-year postsecondary educational institution in Wisconsin, OR
- Current, full-time students (12+ credit hours per semester) actively enrolled in a 2- or 4-year postsecondary educational institution in Wisconsin
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Scholarship winners will be expected to actively assist in the planning and execution of a blood drive at their college, using social media and school communication resources to promote the event and recruit blood donors and volunteers.
After the event, scholarship winners must create a short video or PowerPoint presentation that explores how the blood drive and scholarship impacted their school year.
Scholarship winners will also be invited to attend an awards ceremony during the month of April.