O Blood Group Facts
O Blood Group Explained: Everything You Need to Know About Type O Positive Blood and Type O Negative Blood
From A to O, your blood type is A-OK. It’s awesome and outstanding – and so are you. Every 2 seconds, someone in this country needs blood, so your donation is always welcome – and sometimes urgently needed. Each selfless donation makes a huge impact for up to three local patients in need. Learn more about how your amazing O positive blood type or O negative blood type saves lives in our community and learn how to optimize your very special gifts of blood, platelets and plasma.
O+ Facts: Did You Know?
- 39% of the population have O+ blood – the most common type
- You can give blood to patients with any positive type
- You can only receive blood from O+ and O- donors
O- Facts: Did You Know?
- 9% of the population have O- blood
- You can give blood to patients of any blood type – you are the universal donor
- You can only receive blood from O- donors
Donate in Wisconsin
Every day, patients in your community need blood transfusions to survive and thrive. They rely on the generosity of donors like you, who help ensure a safe, healthy blood supply. Make an appointment to donate blood today.